To remain "current," Instructors, Examiners and Trainers must recertify their award(s) within 24 months of the certification or last recertification date.
The Lifesaving Society's Credit System recognizes individual needs and interests by encouraging leadership personnel to learn and improve through continuing education and professional development:
Log in and recertify online
- Earn three credits during the two-year certification period by participating in courses, clinics and training programs identified on the Lifesaving Society Credit List.
- Recertifying your leadership awards online is a convenient way to tell us what credits you’ve earned in the last two years and which awards you wish to recertify.
- Log on at www.lifesavingsociety.com using your email address and password. If you haven’t already, register as a member.
- Select Recertification from the left navigation menu.
- Confirm or update your contact information.
- Confirm the awards you want to recertify.
- Send us proof of credits you’ve earned that we can’t automatically verify.
- Tell us whether you need the hard copy cards or not.
- Pay the recertification fee.
- Check your record on Find a Member at end of business the next day.
- Download and save the fillable Credit Card to your computer or tablet.
- Record your credits. Credits for other agency certfications and teaching Swim for Life require the signature of the course evaluator or the pool supervisor.
- Print or save the completed form.
- E-mail the completed fillable form to LD_Recerts@lifeguarding.com or mail the completed Credit Card to the Society's office. Payment is required before your new certifications cards are issued, so please call us with your credit card information or include a cheque when you mail the form to us.
- We will send you a renewed certification card (valid for another 2 years).
- Leadership awards recertified at different times are subject to a recertification fee each time. Recertifying all your leadership certifications at the same time reduces your cost.
- There is no fee to renew an Examiner appointment, provided you renew it at the same time as your other leadership certifications.
Examiners and Trainers note: Examiners must select at least 1 credit from items on the Credit List marked with a check. Trainers must have taught an instructor course in the last two years.