Thursday, February 28, 2019
(1-2 shifts per week + Saturday)
ErinoakKids is currently seeking an energetic Lifeguard to support children with special needs within our MFTD Respite Program. Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and work towards supporting clients as they participate in daily living activities.
As a lifeguard, you will work approximately 3 hours a week at the Respite Camp. You will not be required to stay the weekend at the camp.
- Monitors the safety of all aquatics activities
- Responds and rectifies any unsafe conditions
- Must be alert and visible at all times
- National Lifeguard
- Standard First Aid or Equivalent
- CPR Basic Rescuer (current within 1 year)
- Knowledge of pool maintenance
- Familiar with all aspects of pool safety and supervision
- Experience working with children with physical and developmental disabilities and/or children and youth with challenging behaviours preferred
- Maintain a positive, friendly environment for all staff, volunteers and clients
- Must be available to work weekends
*Note: All qualifications must be current.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position ID number in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in joining ErinoakKids, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. ErinoakKids will make accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check.