Monday, December 31, 2018
Responsible for the supervision of leisure pool facilities in compliance with provincial guidelines and Town standards including supervising and assisting part-time staff; recording bather loads; checking, recording and maintaining pool chemical balance as approved by Facility Worker/Lead Hand and performs inspections of pool equipment; performs facility opening and closing procedures; performs First Aid and/or arranges for emergency services as needed and completes appropriate documentation; updates supervisors record book; responds to questions and concerns from staff and the general public and resolves and/or refers to appropriate staff.
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Instructor/Guard.
- Current holder of Lifesaving Swim Instructor/Lifesaving Instructor and National Lifeguard (NL).
- Current holder of a Standard First Aid/CPR C certification.
- Current holder of Lifesaving Society Aquatic Supervisor Training (AST) certification.
- Strong public relations, interpersonal, supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with staff, general public, program participants and user groups.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Experience and strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required
Phone: (905)953-5300 ext. 2653
To Apply, please visit: