Friday, December 14, 2018
About the Toronto Cricket Skating & Curling Club:
As a family-oriented private Club, our mission is to be a Great Club for our members deliver exceptional value to our members by delivering exceptional experiences, inspired by our warm and welcoming culture. Our vision is to be the private athletic and social club of choice in Toronto. We value Sportsmanship and Camaraderie, Heritage and Respect, Excellence and Innovation, Wellness and Fun. Located in North Toronto, the Club consists of 4700 members, with a strong presence in both the local and international social and sporting community.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Aquatics professional. The club is looking for a part-time Assistant Aquatics Coordinator to join our dynamic team, on a contract during a Maternity Leave. This position will provide support to the Aquatics Coordinator in providing the best in Aquatics sport and leisure opportunities to our members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the senior aquatic staff on duty in the absence of the Aquatics Coordinator
- Assists with staff training, directing, scheduling and delegating operation activities, ensuring productivity, and quality of work, safety and efficiency as required
- Ensures facility compliance with all legislation and guidelines governing the use of public pools
- Takes the lead role in supervising the swim lessons program and with direction of swim instructional staff for both group and private lessons
- In the absence of the Aquatic Coordinator act as the pool operator
- Scheduled Lifeguarding Duties as well as Supervision of Lessons required
- Hours: Monday - Thursday 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm; Sunday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Post-secondary diploma in Recreation or a related field;
- Minimum three (3) years’ related progressive experience, preferably in a municipal, YMCA or Private Club environment;
- Swim and Lifesaving Instructor qualifications, National Lifeguard, Standard First Aid, Examiner to Bronze Preferred; SFA Instructor, AST, NL Instructors, Instructor Trainer, NCCP level 1, Pool operator's training.
- Experience in an aquatic environment in a supervisory capacity;
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of aquatic programming including instructional, recreational, and leadership programming;
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of aquatic facilities including maintenance, operation of a Class A pool, legislation, risk management and revenue generation;
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to function independently and in teamwork situations;
- Excellent leadership, administration, interpersonal and communication skills with a proven focus on customer service, complemented by superb organization, team building and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use confidential information appropriately, treat sensitive situations with appropriate degree of tact and discretion
- Flexibility to work weekdays/evenings/weekends required
If you feel that you are the ideal candidate, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.